July 28, 2012; Tampa, FL, USA; Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams (19) runs with the ball as linebacker Mason Foster (59) and defensive back Eric Wright (21) defend during training camp at One Buc Place. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers problems at cornerback continue to worsen. After losing E.J. Biggers for at least two weeks and likely a month (or more), it appears that starting cornerback Eric Wright is now struggling with a minor injury. Small nicks and bruises happen throughout the season, so it's probably nothing to worry about. Head coach Greg Schiano noted that it was nothing to worry about, despite the fact that Wright left practice early today and on Saturday.
- With Eric Wright out, Myron Lewis got some 1st team snaps and struggled, according to Tom Krasniqi. He dropped a Josh Freeman interception among other things.
- Krasniqi also notes that Tiquan Underwood continues to look good, Doug Martin is still clearly ahead of Blount, Adrian Clayborn still looks good, and Dallas Clark had a good day.
- Schiano was asked about the linebacking corps and praised Mason Foster, Lavonte David, Quincy Black and, interestingly, Adam Hayward, who's coming back from injury.
- Schiano also noted that having two running backs who can take turns is a necessity. A strong hint that both Martin and Blount will get touches, regardless of who's the main back.
- Schiano thought this was the best practice so far. Another interesting note from his press conferences: he thinks the defensive line is what makes the entire defense go.
- Stephen Holder notes that Leonard Johnson had a diving interception of Dan Orlovsky and appears to be someone to watch.
- Dallas Clark apparently had a tiptoe catch from Josh Freeman, with Mark Barron in coverage, per Stephen Holder. Clark had a couple of bad days catching the ball over the weekend, but did well today.
- Apparently, Lavonte David has earned the nickname 'Flash' for his speed and quickness, per Ira Kaufman.