July 27, 2012; Tampa, FL, USA; Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano talks with quarterback Josh Freeman (5) defensive back Ronde Barber (20) and teammates as they huddle up during training camp at One Buc Place. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have wrapped up the second day of training camp, and we have all the notes and quotes you need to know. In addition, we'll have some thoughts from LeeCaz from training camp, who was there on behalf of Bucs Nation.
- Greg Schiano noted that E.J. Biggers and Arrelious Benn were both expected to be out at least two weeks, when they would be re-evaluated. I would expect them to be out significantly longer.
- Mike Williams was carted off the field, but Greg Schiano noted it appeared to be just cramps.
- Once again, fundamentals were a big part of practice, according to Roy Cummings. I would expect that to continue throughout all of Schiano's tenure.
- Cummings also noted that Tiquan Underwood continues to look very good. It appears that he has a good chance of contributing this season.
- Roy Miller appeared to be the starter at nose tackle next to Gerald McCoy, notes the Bucs' twitter feed.
- The Buccaneers had E.J. Wilson working out at left defensive end, who they're very high on according to Roy Cummings. Wilson was a fourth-round pick out of North Carolina for the Seahawks in 2010, but was cut by them during that season. Wilson was on injured reserve with the Bucs for all of last season.
- TE Collin Franklin was having a rough camp, throwing up on the first day and dropping a pass today, yet again according to Roy Cummings.
- What The Buc? liked the energy of today's practice better, noting that there were a lot of drops, but Aqib Talib, Eric Wright, Vincent Jackson and Tiquan Underwood all stood out.
- For the second consecutive day, What The Buc? sees a lot of contact between defensive backs and receivers. That could lead to a lot of penalties during the season, or it could turn out to be very useful.
- Ira Kaufman saw Doug Martin's natural wiggle.
- Dekoda Watson was once again working out as a pass-rusher - he excelled in that role during the preseason last year, but only sporadically made an impact during the season.
- Ed Gant had a mediocre day, according to What The Buc? - it appears that he has a long way to go to make the roster.
- Ronde Barber had an interception of a dropped pass by Dallas Clark, per What The Buc?