May 15, 2012; Tampa, FL, USA; Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Mason Foster (59) and linebacker Quincy Black (58) workout during organized team activities at One Buc. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE
The first day of Tampa Bay Buccaneers training camp is over, and that means we have lots of notes and quotes from the media on the players. Here are the notable bits of information:
- WR Arrelious Benn, LB Mason Foster and CB E.J. Biggers all limped/were carted off the field toward the end of practice. No updates on how serious these injuries are.
- Greg Schiano noted that everyone who didn't pass the conditioning test yesterday, passed it today.
- WR Tiquan Underwood looked like a real deep threat with 2 deep touchdowns, per Pewter Report.
- What The Buc? notes that the quarterbacks didn't look particularly sharp, but that Vincent Jackson, Doug Martin and Mike Williams did look very good. Roy Cummings concurred on Mike Williams.
- Stephen Holder thinks Doug Martin looks like the Bucs' primary running back so far.
- Several players suffered from dehydration in the heat, including Josh Freeman, Carl Nicks and Aqib Talib, notes Tom Krasniqi.
- Mike Williams, Sammie Stroughter, Preston Parker and Michael Smith were all fielding punts.
- The quarterbacks were wearing braces on their knees, per Roy Cummings. That's pretty standard to protect the knee from any Brady-like injuries, but the Bucs didn't used to do that.
- Fundamentals were still a major part of training camp, as the players were working on shedding drills per Roy Cummings.
- With Donald Penn injured, Demar Dotson was the first team left tackle.