Here are today's practice notes, as found on twitter:
- Gerald McCoy was in pads, but did not participate. Neither did Brian Price, Erik Lorig, Da'Quan Bowers or Luke Stocker. The Bucs have been keeping guys with/coming off injuries out of some of the practices, so nothing to worry about. The fact that Arrelious Benn wasn't mentioned is at least promising.
- Mike Williams wasn't out at practice in the afternoon because he was feeling a little under the weather.
- LeGarrette Blount had a good blitz pickup on Geno Hayes, and generally looked good as a pass-blocker today. Of course, the leading candidate for a third-down role Kregg Lumpkin, looked even better.
- Dekoda Watson was working on pass-rush drills with the defensive line. I'm sure we'll see some 3-man and even 2-man lines next season, but I hope we've seen the end of 3-man lines on every 3rd down.
- Adrian Clayborn looked very good going against James Lee.
- According to Craig Smith, Adam Hayward has looked very nasty and physical. That's no real surprise, though it would surprise me if Hayward came remotely close to a starting spot.
- Raymond Webber was carted off after a special teams drill. This could be the first major injury to a player, and that would be a shame as I have high hopes for the wide receiver. According to Roy Cummings it looked like a hamstring pull.
- Josh Freeman was looking extra sharp, judging by JoeBucsFan's and What The Buc?'s tweets. In general, the story of training camp has been Josh Freeman torching the defense. Whether that's because Josh Freeman really is that good, or because the defense isn't remains to be seen.