A little late as I wasn't around during practice, but here are the notes for today's padded practice.
- Arrelious Benn was out at practice, and looked good, but wasn't doing any work with contact. He's being held out of some practices and playing in others as the coaches see fit, and he may not see much action in preseason games. But he should be ready for the regular season.
- Backup QB Mike Coughlin looks pretty bad. No surprise, he only had a handful of passes in his college career.
- Erik Lorig is out with an Achilles strain. Stocker and Lorig are the only players to have suffered injuries during practice so far. That's pretty good for the Bucs, given the limited offseason so far.
- Rookie linebacker Nick Reveiz out of Tennessee is working out as a fullback. That's the kind of thing these bottom-of-the-roster players need to make the rosters: make themselves valuable, and make an impact on special teams.
- Raymond Webber is making an impact on special teams as a gunner. As I've said before, I have high hopes for this player. The fact that he's looking good as a special teamer is a good sign for him, and gives him a chance to make the roster.
- Mike Williams continues to look stellar. Not a drop so far, according to Anwar Richardson. Last year, that was the one big weakness in his game.
- Kyle Moore continues to flash, according to Raheem Morris. I've heard good things about him from others as well. That's good for the Bucs, but it's also something Moore needed to do right now. He will be cut if he does not improve significantly this preseason.
- Luke Stocker seems to be healing relatively quickly. Hopefully he can play in a couple of preseason games. The Bucs were planning on making him a big part of the offense before his injury.