Hey Bucs fans. I'm a Seahawks blogger who's putting together an article on the influence of a first-round quarterback on a struggling team (pretty pertinent to my team right now). I was hoping you could help me out by giving me a feel for the Buccaneers' talent quotient and their potential as a playoff contender before Josh Freeman was drafted in 2009, and for how the team has evolved under him.
I could just look at stats, and I have gleaned some information from them, but I've found that they never tell the whole story and that the best people to ask are the watching fans. Specifically, I'd like to ask the following questions:
1. What did the Bucs' offense look like in 2008 in terms of quality? Running game/line/receivers?
2. Did Freeman fit a pre-established offensive scheme, or did the front office focus more on finding players that fit him?
3. Beyond the stats, how did Freeman perform as a starter in 2009?
4. What were the major personnel changes on offense, other than Freeman, from 2008 to 2009?
5. From 2009-2010?
6. What is the most influential reason for Freeman's improvement in 2010?
I'd really appreciate any information you could give. It's all right if some of it's opinionated - how could it not be, coming from a football fan? :)