It's Christmas Day and the Bucs have been busy disappointing us all with poor play and worse effort. But as the year comes to an end, there's always hope for next year. This is the NFL after all - things can and do turn around quickly. Just look at the San Francisco 49ers and Cincinnati Bengals this year - bottom dwellers a season ago, they both seem primed to make a run in the playoffs.
With that in mind, here are my Christmas wishes for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next season.
- For Josh Freeman to turn into that franchise QB - and never turn back.
- For the Bucs defense to learn how to tackle.
- For Mike Williams to find his 2010 form, and for Arrelious Benn to realize his considerable physical gifts.
- For the blackouts to finally end.
- Most of all, I wish for Bucs games to be exciting, hard-fought, physical contests.
What are your Christmas wishes for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?