Things of note: I like the opener, I got questions about the last week, and is it me or is the @San Francisco going to be the biggest road game for the Bucs?
Schedule provided by the NFL, via St. Pete Times website.
Sun. Sept. 12 CLEVELAND 1:00 p.m. CBS
Sun. Sept. 19 at Carolina 1:00 p.m. FOX
Sun. Sept. 26 PITTSBURGH 1:00 p.m. CBS
Sun. Oct. 3 -- bye week --
Sun. Oct. 10 at Cincinnati 1:00 p.m. FOX
Sun. Oct. 17 NEW ORLEANS 1:00 p.m. FOX
Sun. Oct. 24 ST. LOUIS 1:00 p.m. FOX
Sun. Oct. 31 at Arizona 4:15 p.m. FOX
Sun. Nov. 7 at Atlanta 1:00 p.m. FOX
Sun. Nov. 14 CAROLINA 1:00 p.m. FOX
Sun. Nov. 21 at San Francisco 4:05 p.m.* FOX
Sun. Nov. 28 at Baltimore 1:00 p.m.* FOX
Sun. Dec. 5 ATLANTA 1:00 p.m.* FOX
Sun. Dec. 12 at Washington 1:00 p.m.* FOX
Sun. Dec. 19 DETROIT 1:00 p.m.* FOX
Sun. Dec. 26 SEATTLE 1:00 p.m.* FOX
Sun. Jan. 2 at New Orleans 1:00 p.m.* FOX
Things of note:
- Obviously no Monday Nighter. The interesting thing is there's no Sunday nighter early in the season, especially against a team that would guarantee a good audience (like Pittsburgh).
- The good news: the home opener vs. Cleveland looks like a comfortable win. I know you shouldn't jinx a game like that, but c'mon it's loads better than opening against New Orleans.
- The bad news: almost all the road games (Cincy, San Francisco, Baltimore, even Arizona) look like toughies. And the only thing keeping Washington off the list - with all the off-season action they've had upgrading their team - is the fact they've got a bad-luck owner and they tend to be 4-5 win teams because of that owner jinx.
- Another thing: that Washington game may be the Cold Game of the season the Bucs will have to endure. The Baltimore game as well, but that's gonna be a scary game to begin with...
- Here's the deal: the NFL scheduled divisional games for Week 17 as a means of stopping playoff bound teams from resting their starters. Sounds great in theory, but on paper? New Orleans' last game is gonna be against US?! Unless the Bucs come out and go 11-4 and tie the Saints for the division lead, I don't see the Saints freaking out over this game.
Content provided by a member of Bucs Nation and does not necessarily reflect the view or opinions of Bucs Nation.