The debate about Tampas draft when underclassmen first declared themselves eligible was they were going to miss out on Suh and Mccoy something they need deeply more than the other two teams drafting ahead of them . Now with Okung and Bradford draft stocks continuously going up the debate is who will Tampa pick Mccoy or Suh . This is why we should pick Suh . Lets first look at what Mccoy does better than Suh at the Defensive Tackle Position which is reason
1. The biggest difference you hear between the players is that Mccoy has that non stop Motor something that Roy Miller has , you could not judge that with Suh cause at Nebraska he was told to do more holding up of his man and reading plays rather than just be let lose after the quarterback so it is possible that Mccoy motor is better than Suhs , but it is also possible that Suhs motor is better
2. Suh will be a good pass rusher, Mccoy as of right now is the better pass rusher that is partly cause of reason 1 but what Suh can do as a run stopper is something that is not Coached no pass rusher has ever turned into a run stopper which brings us to reason 3
3. Bogger Macfarland was just as important as Sapp except Sapp was a leader like Suh, Mccoy has not been asked to lead a group of men at OU like Suh has done , quick tell me another player on the Nebraska D I cant think of any and unless you dig up the info I don't think no one can Tampa needs more of those type of players .
4. Player balance at the DT position is key getting that jump off the ball and beating the o-line at the combine not to look at numbers but the players position drills , Mccoy was off balance running his drills look at the combine coverage he looked sloppy doing a lot of his drills now he got it done at a good rate cause he is a good athlete but so is Suh who had perfect balance which creates power which brings us to point 5
5. Suh is the stronger athlete strength is important at the DT position for if it wasn't for Roy Millers strength he probably gets drafted in the 5 to 6 round range instead of 3 where he went what this has to do with Suh and Mccoy is that every one compare Mccoy to Sapp but Sapp was on of the strongest players in the league with his strength whats the use of firing a Gap if the other teams backs and tight-ends are as strong as your DT
This list can go on for days I just took the ones that were more important to the Bucs going by the facts I only voiced my opinion in reason 2 . In conclusion I think reason 3 is the key Suh has the leadership skills that is the reason why Kevin Williams DT for the Vikings had an early impact . I think we can hit and mis with Mccoy Suh is a guaranteed hit . Do you agree or disagree and what are some points I missed