Now that we are within a month of the up and coming free agency, I would like to throw out some plans. They could be good,bad, or down right ugly but they are needed. Feel free to grade any idea and throw out some yourself so we can ruin them(HaHa). Anyways, lets get to the fun.
1. Vince Wilfork. It has already been brought up that we sign him. He wants to come to Florida, lets bring him in with open arms. He is a monster in the middle and can cause disruption. Just look at the Pats Superbowl wins. He, himself, could create mismatches. He would open blitzing lanes, help developed our yound DTs, and srue up our D-line problems. He has atleast six years of playing left and I'm positive he would take less money to come to Florida. My guess on the cost is 6-7Yrs, 80Mil. Less than Haynesworth but well worth it.
2. As I look for a good reciever going into Free Agency, I barely find any. I, personally, think we should trade for Marshall, but I give you another idea. T.O. He has been quiet all year and though he has not flourished, he didn't have much of a quarterback or three. Offer him a 1yr 7Mil contract and lets see what he could do. I know it's not much of a fan favorite but it would definently boost our WR problems.(Doubt it would happen, he is too old.)
3. As we look to the draft, we find ourselves holding ten picks. I think we could get 2-4 extra picks. First off, unload Clayton. He could probably be worth a 7th rounder. I know it is not much but look at Sammie. Second, we could offload Ward for a third or fourth. Then, trade Hovan/Sims. Sims is worth maybe a 7th and Hovan a 6th(Guessing out of my ....). Those together, would make me proud.
4. I know we have tons of needs but we are not going to fill them all. Since I brought up the idea of Wilfork here, I am basing everything I say off that we have got him but not my 2/3 points. In the first round of the draft, I think we should select Berry. We have already sured up our line, for the most part, and Flip is gone. Second round, I would try to select Gilyard and a CB. For the third round, I would like to get McCluster. He would cause havoc. For the rest of the draft, we select a DT we could work on, a WR that could be molded into a starter, a OL or two to help our OL and a DL to help out our DLine.
5. We Ruin The Saints Run Next Year:)