Another round of training camp looks. This time we take a look at Tuesday afternoon's practice and a look ahead to Saturday's game against the Tennessee Titans.
- Starting with injurie. A few more than this morning, but nothing serious. Geno Hayes, Clifton Smith, and Matt Bryant are the additions to the list. Ronde Barber and Kellen Winslow sat out also, but not with any noted injuries. Might be resting Ronde and making sure K2 stays healthy.
- Pads were off this afternoon, a much needed break in the heat. Clayton and Trueblood were on the field, though Clayton was running off to the side. Doesn't sound like he'll push it by playing on Saturday.
- Not a good afternoon for the QB's. Though the team was going at about half speed, Leftwich looked off most the afternoon, and Freeman had a pass picked by E.J. Biggers. (Editor's Note: I was not too thrilled with drafting Freeman, but I gotta say, after writing all these articles on him and realizing what we have invested in him, it's hard not to root for him to succeed).
- Cadillac lined up as a kick returner. He probably has to factor into special teams to stay on the roster, and if he's healthy, this may not be a bad thing. He was pretty good on special teams at Auburn, maybe he can contribute in the NFL in the backfield and return teams.
- Josh Johnson did throw a TD to Maurice Stovall to close out practice. Not saying it happens, but what if JJ outplays Freeman? You keep 4 QB's (I hope not)? You just flat out cut him? Good be a tough call, if that happens.
Wednesday has one practice scheduled, from 2:30 to 4:20 PM at One Buc Place. Buc 'Em will keep you updated.